Updated on July 27, 2015
In order of most recently seen, here's a list of some of my favorite movies:
- Collateral (2004) - Just another night in L.A. where a hitman (Tom Cruise) crosses paths with a taxi driver (Jamie Foxx).
- Prisoners (2013) - The things a father would do to find his missing daughter...
- The Hunt (2012) - An innocent man is accused by a little girl for molesting her, and his life slowly crumbles as the community starts to shun him. This movie made me so sympathetic toward him that I felt like punching the community members through the screen.
- The Place Beyond the Pines (2012) - A unique movie filled with surprises and captivating cinematography.
- Enemy (2013) - A dark movie with one of the weirdest and head-scratching endings in cinematic history. Check out Chris Stuckmann's analysis after you've seen it.
- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) - Just wow. This is everything an action film should be and definitely one of the best I've seen ever. Please do yourself a favor and see this in theaters. Watching at home doesn't cut it!
- Braveheart (1995) - FREEDOM!
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) - "Jesus, you were gonna kill that guy." ... "Of course; I'm a Terminator."
- Pulp Fiction (1994) - Dialogue. Dialogue. Dialogue. This classic has some of the best and it cemented Tarantino as one of my favorite directors.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) - The best Western ever made.
- Ali: Fear Eats the Soul (1974) - The unlikely romance between a Moroccan immigrant and an old German woman presents an interesting look at the xenophobic attitudes in post-WWII Germany.
- No Country for Old Men (2007) - One of the best suspenseful thrillers I've seen to date. The film follows Ed Bell, a man who comes across two million dollars in a drug deal gone wrong. A ruthless man named Anton is on the hunt to retrieve this money, and the entire film becomes a game of cat and mouse that leaves you on the edge of your seat.